How To Create A Great Website For Your Small Business…
A Professional Brand is Essential
You have 2.6 seconds to make that important first impression on your website visitors. That’s how long it takes them to settle on the most captivating element of your site, according to Missouri University of Science and Technology researchers who used eye-tracking software.
Your website is your business card. It’s your resume. It’s your company’s reputation. Build trust with a professional brand.
Yes, you can use a free Blogger or WordPress template or worse yet – not have a website at all! But consider the fact that every person who sees you online will judge you and your business by what your website looks like.
Your website is your image
Would you rather do business with a professional-looking person in a nice, clean suit, with combed hair and neatly organized paperwork; or would you care if the person looked like he or she just rolled out of bed and “the dog ate their homework?”
The point is that your website should be your online sales representative and serve as the face of your company just as much as a live salesperson would be in the real world.
If you are ready to take the plunge and build a new website or re-design your old website, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Your customer will form an opinion about your company within the first 10 seconds of coming to your website.
- Well thought-out web design gives an impression of business stability, which means your new clients will be comfortable with making the purchase or calling you.
- An interesting-looking site will be intriguing enough to make people want to explore it.
- If you are selling products online, a professional web designer will run you through all the options of making your website secure; the safer people feel with giving you their credit card info, the more likely they are to buy.
- A good website will make you stand out above your competition.